Position – Project Accountant
Location – Delta (Escravos Environ)
We are currently sourcing for an accountant for our client in the EPC business operation.
Applicants should be ready for immediate employment.
Duties are as follows but not limited to:
- Monitors accounts payables and supports project manager with cost control efforts.
- Obtains copy of Owner’s contract and project budget for each project milestones and familiarizes himself/herself with financial aspects of the contract, supporting optimization of project cash flow and timely request of project funds for various stages of project
- Follows up with Project Manager to ensure financial information is returned in a timely manner.
- Manage collection of valuation reports from project team and prepares invoices for commercial department, making changes and notifying of any errors to supervisors.
- Supports commercial to prepare client invoices.
- Supports timely reporting, budgeting, financial management,accuracy of actual cost incurred and project forecasting with inputs from PM
- Maintains project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Reviews and processes supplier invoices related to the project.
- Supporting in making financial assessment of project risk and opportunities, and regularly update project provisions for warranty and contingency.
- Investigates project variances and submit variance reports to FC and GCFO.
- Reports on project financial results and taxes to FC and GCFO as per company guidelines.
- Applies and processes invoices in line with tax laws and coordinate with Financial Controller to make tax payments on timely manner.
- Follow up subcontractor payments approvals using corporate tools.
- Support subcontractor payment applications based on subcontract terms.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly forecasts and cashflow projections.
- Performs departmental responsibilities such as bank reconciliations, processing of company invoices to client for payment.
- Ensures timely payment to subcontractors and vendors after approval is received and all paperwork has been submitted.
- Closes out project accounts upon project completion and report to the appropriate quarters.
- Coordinates and manage site vehicle maintenance with appointed service provider, communication facilities, accommodation, site offices and catering maintenance for consultant, client and in house team, in coordination with PM/DPM.
- Performs any other work as may be assigned by management.
Preferred candidates must be duly certified or be a registered member of ACCA/ICAN and must possess adequate experience for optimum performance on the job.
If interested, please send your CV in WORD FORMAT to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as “PROJECT ACCOUNTANT”