Job Title: Profit & Loss Controller
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Status: Full Time Salaried
About Our Client
Our Client is a leading Gas Company operating in Nigeria in the field of production of Liquefied Natural Gas, and its storage, land transportation, distribution to several customers’ sites. They are seeking to recruit capable and talented professionals with proven relevant experience and track record to join the team in the cost control and delivery of efficient Profit & Loss Control duties, in cooperation with the appointed P/L responsible in several centres of production and cost, of collecting all the required information and preparing the Profit & Loss documents.
If you would be interested in this highly interesting and rewarding opportunity as a Profit & Loss Controller for a leading Gas company that would oversee the following functions below, then this an opportunity that would interest you as key responsibilities are highlighted below:
• Provide cost control expertise, procedures and review capabilities, including risk, uncertainty and sensitivity analyses.
• Regardless of the functions performed by the Company’s accounting department, provide important data related to the costs, production and to the economical results of industrial activity (Profit/Loss) independently made available to the Management for each month immediately after the end of month.
• Provide detailed information for each cost / production center and summarized in a single sheet that will give timely and at glance a guidance on the general performance of the economic activities in the month.
• Provide detailed monthly information which would allow the Management to intervene promptly in those centers where anomalies are detected.
• Identify and evaluate new technologies, cost models and tools for cost control of CAPEX & OPEX costs and, if appropriate, progress and manage use in current assets and in new projects under development. Review existing cost systems and methods for compliance with the Group standards and recommend actions to correct deficiencies.
• Participate in concept option evaluation on facilities engineering work, to define cost scope, cost breakdown structures and appropriate accuracy levels.
• Perform internal and external benchmarking (i.e. against historical performance, industry norms and established KPIs) to improve and optimize costs.
The Successful Applicant
For the successful Profit & Loss Controller, you will have;
• A university degree
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the field of P / L control, preferably in a project environment.
• Working knowledge of a broad range of Profit & Loss systems, Cost Control/ Estimating Systems, Tools and Practices. Good inter-personal and leadership skills. Good communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential
For more information on this exciting opportunity please email a copy of you CV in MS WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org using Profit & Loss Controller as Subject and I would get in touch with all suitable applicants for this role.