Job title: Lead Engineer (Mechanical)
Location: Port Harcourt
Project: ESCRAVOS ENVIRONS POWER SUPPLY PROJECT
We are currently resourcing for the above mentioned role and the successful applicant will be saddled with the following responsibilities
- Supervises, manages, directs and leads the mechanical discipline team in the basic and detailed design phases of the projects.
- Interfaces and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure timely completion of mechanical work scope.
- Ensures conformance to applicable government regulations, engineering codes and standards as well as company QA system, policies and procedures.
- Develops specifications and reviews client specifications procedures with respect to mechanical work scope.
- Prepares inspection attributes list.
- Prepares schedule of required vendor documents.
- Prepares technical requirements and requisitions.
- Pro-actively reviews and manages vendor technical submittals.
- Ensures prompt identification, submittal and resolution of scope changes and deviations.
- Estimates man-hours, staffing, forecasting, and participating in the development of the project schedule, tracking status, maintaining completion of mechanical deliverables on schedule and change management.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering support by answering technical questions and requests as the need arises.
- Reviews and confirms code basis for the project.
- Collaborates with other project team members to comply with project requirements and meet project schedules, while rendering the necessary supports to others.
- Provides mechanical expert advice for packaged equipment consisting of piping, control valves, instruments and materials to ensure oil and gas operation safety compliance.
- Provides technical support to external design resources, equipment vendors, and fabricators.
- Travels to fabrication shops for meetings, inspections and functional tests, and to customer site for vessel loading activities.
- Provides direction to fabricators and inspectors with applicable assistance
- Reviews and approves fabricator and external design drawings, documentation and fabrication sequence.
- Provides leadership and develops innovative approaches and solutions for advancing personnel and trainees knowledge in equipment and skid designs.
- Performs calculations for pressure vessels, piping stress analysis, analysis and code analysis using multiple codes and standards for training of trainees.
- Provides project scoping input to ensure estimate accuracy and appropriate materials and methods are utilized in an efficient design.
- Provides proposal support by reviewing client specifications and requirements and providing expertise in setting strategy for project offerings.
- Checks design calculations of designers and other engineers within the team.
- Prepares supporting design calculations to substantiate design.
- Actively contributes to design reviews, safety reviews (Risk Assessments and HAZOP’s) from technical standpoint.
- Preparation of technical specifications in liaison with client and project team.
- Produces documentation throughout the process including scope of works, method statements, risk assessments, technical files and other technical documentation to comply with design standards, safety legislation/regulatory requirements and the needs of the client.
- Preparation of installation and operating documents.
- Planning and allocation of workload to other members of project team within discipline in order to deliver work package.
- Management of sub-contractors.
- Mentors the trainees assigned to the team within discipline and brings them to speed with project deliverables to enhance competency and self-dependence, using organized and planned training method.
- Performs any other work as may be assigned by management.
If qualified, send CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with Job title as subject or share within your network.