Job Title: Drilling Supervisor
Location: Port-Harcourt/Warri, Nigeria
Status: Full Time Salaried
About Our Client
Our Client is a leading E & P Company who has over the years built an outstanding reputation for a commitment to excellence in the oil and gas industry in Nigeria. They are currently looking to engage a suitable qualified professional who would be mainly offshore to manage all aspects of drilling operations undertaken by the company, supervises drilling operations undertaken and ensures the safe and successful execution of drilling programmes.
If you would be interested in this highly interesting and rewarding opportunity as a Drilling Supervisor for a leading E & P company, then this an opportunity that would interest you as key responsibilities are highlighted below:
• Responsible for the accuracy of information in the daily drilling reports and in other communications with the Wells team.
• Reviews the Drilling Programme in detail and advises the Drilling Superintendent of deficiencies and of potential improvements to the Programme to optimize the operation and reduce costs.
• Ensures the Drilling Programme, policies and instructions are properly directed and communicated to the rig team.
• Supervises and supports well control planning and procedures in conjunction with the rig team.
• Supervises and supports the well operational activities of Wells team members offshore.
• Responsible for the timely ordering, checking and subsequent return of equipment, materials and services required for activities under company’s control.
• Supervises the drilling and completion of the well and ensures activities are undertaken safely and in a cost effective and timely manner.
• Ensures the security of classified information by implementing control procedures if specified by the Drilling Superintendent.
• Continually evaluates working procedures to identify opportunities to achieve time and cost savings.
• Trains junior well engineering personnel on the rig
• Supervises and supports project agreed HSEQ processes and initiatives on the rig.
• Reviews and supports the Drilling Contractor’s Safety Assessment for any non-routine operations on the rig.
• Participates in rig Safety Meetings, Safety Management System and encourages the use of the behavioral safety system.
• Ensures Company’s Policies, Procedures and Guidance Documents are implemented as appropriate.
The Successful Applicant
For the successful Drilling Supervisor, you will have;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering or a related discipline
• Minimum of 18 years’ relevant experience
• Professional certification in Well Engineering (i.e. IWCF)
For more information on this exciting opportunity please email a copy of you CV in MS WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org using Drilling Supervisor as Subject and I would get in touch with all suitable applicants for this role.