To support the MD & CEO as his/her most trusted lieutenant in driving organization’s vision, mission & values, and to set direction and achieve results for short & long term success of the organization in eyes of its all stakeholders.
Our company requires the service of a Deputy Managing Director, The jobholder is a key support person for the MD & CEO, and is expected to align with the CEO and the Board to actualize company’s vision, mission and values.
For the success of our company, it is necessary that the job holder has high level of focused energy, disciplined approach, personal integrity and a very good command of business dynamics and customers’ expectations to manage multifaceted issues on day-to-day and intermediate basis. The job requires effective management of regulatory affairs alongwith key stakeholders engaged in this process. Similarly, managing internal and external boundaries / relationships too would play an important role. He/she must also be good at reading, interpreting and using financial figures to strategize effectively for sound financial health of the organization. Another very vital aspect of this role is to lead from the front in creating a work culture of high performance, openness and trust.
The jobholder is a member of the top management team and reports directly to the MD/CEO. While he/she will not report directly to the Board, the incumbent would be a permanent invitee to the Board meetings. This is a role which would be groomed to take up MD & CEO position in future, hence the jobholder is expected to work very closely with the present MD & CEO and other Chiefs (of various functions) to have a full appreciation of the business and its senior leadership. The incumbent must also be good at understanding and capitalizing on various shifts in technology, customer expectations and regulatory impacts.
He/she should be versatile at being both result/business-focused and people-oriented. He/she must have very high business acumen, and at the same time he/she should also possess empathy, fairness and good judgement on people/customer issues. The jobholder should preferably be an engineer with MBA, with minimum 20+ years of combined experience in multiple functions of a utility or a service industry where operational excellence and technological innovations are key core competencies.
1. To set long term (3 to 5 years) direction for the organization in terms of vision, mission and values – in close coordination with the MD & CEO. (10%)
2. To set the short to medium term (1 to 3 years) direction of the organization in terms of annual strategy, business plans/roadmaps, most vital KPIs/targets, etc. – in close coordination with the MD & CEO. (10%)
3. To review progress on set objectives, plans, KPIs on monthly/quarterly basis, to support top management in removal of bottlenecks, and carry out necessary course corrections as necessitated. (20%)
4. To engage effectively towards setting & improving systems & processes – including IT-enabled systems, automation, technological interventions, etc. – necessary for the short & long term success of the organization. (15%)
5. To resolve inter-departmental issues / conflicts so as to expedite decision making & execution on key action plans of the organization towards improved profitability. (10%)
6. To propose and convince the Board on vital actions needed for organizational success. (5%)
7. To guide & mentor various Chiefs – especially the CTO and CCO – towards development & deployment of suitable systems & processes towards customer satisfaction. (5%)
8. To participate in vendor approval, contract formulations, negotiations and finalization of financial terms & conditions – as per Delegation of Power (DoP) – so as to expedite procurement activities as per business needs. (5%)
9. To support the regulatory chief in policy advocacy, as needed on case to case basis and towards a better relationship management with regulators, government agencies and topline customers, etc. (10%)
10. To participate in various community, customers and employees’ engagement forums as & when needed towards understanding their needs/expectations, creation of a world class work culture, motivation, knowledge sharing, dissemination of company’s achievements & future plans, etc. (5%)
11. To participate in various other activities that would be critical (strategic or/and tactical) for this role from time to time, but not mentioned here. (5%)
Kindly forward a copy of your CV WORD FORMAT with subject as Deputy Managing Director to firstname.lastname@example.org IF you are qualified for this position or SHARE within your network.