About Our Client
Our Client, a leading E & P company who has over the years built an outstanding reputation for a commitment to excellence in the oil and gas industry in Nigeria. They are currently looking to engage a suitable qualified Contract Engineer (Drilling & Completion) professional who would:
• Provide specialist Supply Chain support to the Drilling and Completion Department in achieving the latter’s objective through adherence with company policies, standard procurement principles and practices in the oil and gas industry.
• Support the strategy formulation, planning and execution of all SCM activities in support of all Drilling and Completion.
• Implement processes to ensure that procurement of goods and services by Drilling and Completion is carried out in a cost‐effective manner
If you would be interested in a highly engaging and rewarding opportunity as the Contract Engineer (Drilling & Completion) for a leading E & P company then this is right for you:
As the Contract Engineer (Drilling & Completion), you would:
• Represent Supply Chain Management in all transactions involving the Drilling & Completion Department
• Recommend fit for purpose contract strategies and implement towards the achievement of Drilling and Completion contracting and procurement objectives. This will cover contract planning, vendor selection, strategy, obtaining necessary approvals, review of Purchase Orders etc.
• Review bid lists, ITT and RFQ documents (in conjunction with the user department) that accurately represent the work to be done – scope, pricing requirements, delivery period, evaluation metrics etc.
• Develop the commercial evaluation criteria and review the technical evaluation metrics from the user group to ensure there is proper linkage between these documents and the ITT, RFQ documents.
• Generate the commercial evaluation results by utilising appropriate procurement principles to ensure the objectivity of the price of the bid recommended for award.
• Provide commercial advice to Drilling and Completions Team in the tender process. Identify potential commercial risks and issues and recommend alternatives leading to best solution.
• Support the creation of fit for purpose contracts in support of Drilling and Completion activities
• Provide post contract award management support to the Drilling and Completion Department.
The Successful Applicant
For the successful Contract Engineer (Drilling & Completion), you will have:
• Minimum 10 years’ experience as a supply chain professional
• Practical drilling and completion support experience is important
• Engineering Degree or equivalent with strong SCM professional certification required
For more information on this exciting opportunity please email a copy of you CV in MS WORD format to email@example.com using Contract Engineer (Drilling & Completion), as Subject.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.