- Full Time
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About Our Client
Our Client, a leading downstream company that has a reputable and one of the largest LNG business product &services and has over the years delivered high level quality products & services, constantly meeting the ever increasing demands of it numerous customers & clients to perfection.
If you would be interested in a highly engaging and rewarding opportunity as the Automation Engineer for a leading LNG downstream company then this is right for you as the role oversees the responsibilities below:
This position is responsible for developing, designing, and testing a variety of equipment, facilities, components, and systems of instrumentation, control systems and process automation for Company’s LNG plant, regasification facilities and filling stations.
- Develop control system architecture design documentation (block diagram).
- Provide technical direction for the design, configuration and troubleshooting of firewalls, routers, switches and other network infrastructure
- Support development of control narratives, testing documentation and commissioning/start-up documentation.
- Support P&ID development; help maintain the P&ID’s through the course of each project phase
- Programming and Automation of VFDs, Generator Controls and their interface to plant and Regasification equipment controls.
- Ability to conduct Failure Mode, Cause and Effects, Criticality Analysis and root cause analysis.
- Definition of control system configuration (DCS, PLC, HMI)
- Support development of the Instrument Index and I/O List; help maintain the Instrument Index and I/O List through the course of each project phase. Addressing control equipment (Input/output (I/O) lists, networks, etc.)
- Signal assignment and JB definition, preparation of detailed documentation (diagrams, material lists, cables)
- Review of detail design of electrical, instrumental and pneumatic components, lay-out components, raceways, hook-ups etc.
- Design hook-up analysis system including preparation material take-off (MTO).
- Design / review documents various control system (functional diagrams, loop diagram, instrument block diagram etc.).
- Provide technical advice during troubleshooting and corrective action of instrument breakdown or failures to find the root cause and best solution in order to restore the functionality back to normal.
- Identify, study, propose, and implement area for improvement, management of change (MOC) in the field of automation to enhance operation and improve total equipment reliability.
The Successful Applicant
For the successful Automation Engineer, you will have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronics, Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science disciplines.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years’ working experience in Automation systems design and implementation in oil and gas sector.
- Experience in Regasification system, LNG process/oil refinery with strong system integration abilities and background is required.
- Experience working for an OEM in providing integrated Automation systems.
- Solid knowledge in the equipment control domain including PLC based control systems and HMI programming:
- Allen Bradly, GE Visca Max, Mark 6 Safety PLC control system, Siemens S7-200 PLC and Hardware Configuration.
- PLC programming of Studio 5000, probicy machine, Siemens Combo box logic etc.
- Working knowledge of HMI software such as IM touch wonder wall, Archestra, CS 3000, Compact AMP, etc.
- Programming knowledge of ladders logic, functional block diagrams, instruction logics and command logics.
- Knowledge of automation systems hardware and software for Process Control, Instrumented Safety Systems and Fire and Gas systems.
- Experience in performing on-site modifications to automation systems through site management of change.
- Experience developing automation solutions (Python, Ruby, Java, Node.js, .NET, etc.)
I am looking forward to have a chat with you if you are suitable for this role. For more information on this exciting opportunity please email a copy of you CV in MS WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org using Automation Engineer as Subject.