About Our Client
Our Client is a leading E & P company who has over the years built an outstanding reputation for a commitment to excellence in the oil and gas industry in Nigeria and internationally. They are currently looking to engage a suitable qualified professional who will manage the day-to-day activities in treasury functions to meet the financial obligations of the organization.
If you would be interested in this highly interesting and rewarding opportunity as an Group Treasury Manager for a leading E & P company that would oversee the following functions below, then this an opportunity that would interest you as key responsibilities are highlighted below:
• You would assume responsibility for managing and delivering the efficient funding of the group whilst maintaining an effective control environment that minimises financial and operational risk from its business activities.
• You would also assume responsibility for cash and liquidity management, with this including working with various different stakeholders across the group to understand and manage cash requirements. To run, interpret and control short-term cash forecasting and management.
• You would lead the group’s currency risk management activities. This will involve using hedging contracts and setting the risk management strategy, acting in a hands-on capacity as required.
• You would manage the group’s funding facilities, as well as any future extension or replacement of them. This will involve providing advice to a number of key stakeholders, including the Chief Financial Officer, regarding funding requirements and the related risks and issues, as well as providing solutions and recommendations and implementing an appropriate and agreed plan to maintain liquidity,
• You would own and manage the relationships with the group’s banks and advisors, ensure that these relationships are as strong as possible, that the services of the bankers and advisors continue to support the Group and that the Group continues to meet its obligations to them. Additionally, to oversee the management of banking systems and processes.
The Successful Applicant
• Bachelor’s & Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related (Business discipline preferred) field.
• Professional Finance qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA.
• Professional Treasury Qualification – ACT (Association of Corporate Treasurers)
• 10 years’ minimum experience in a Treasury role in an Oil and Gas Upstream industry.
• Candidate must have previous work experience (directly or indirectly) in the Nigerian upstream industry.
• Must reside in and be eligible to work in UK without any visa assistance from the Company.
For more information on this exciting opportunity please email a copy of you CV in MS WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org using Group Treasury Manager as Subject and I would get in touch with all suitable professionals for this role.