About Our Client
Our Client is a leading Nigerian independent integrated energy company, with interest in Upstream Oil & Gas. They are seeking to recruit capable and talented professionals with proven relevant experience and track record to join the team in the development and delivery of efficient production of the Oil & Gas assets.
If you would be interested in this highly interesting and rewarding opportunity as a Financial Controller (FC) for a leading E & P company that would oversee the following functions below, then this an opportunity that would interest you as key responsibilities are highlighted below:
• You would be required to define, together with the top management; and produce, on regular basis, the reports that are relevant for management control of the company’s financial performance, including (but not limited to) profitability analysis, cash flow and liquidity overviews, balance sheet analysis, fx and credit risk overviews
• You would be fully in charge of business modelling activity – breaking the financial statements into key drivers, and producing accurate budgets and forecasts, in line with departmental targets; and will overall be responsible for maintaining the culture of target vs. actual follow-up across the organization.
• You would support the CFO in implementing the company’s strategy and provide needful guidance to all members of the finance team
• You would lead company-wide planning and target setting processes for financial results; ensuring follow up with all department heads, and escalation to top management in case of any risk of deviation from targets
• You would oversee the accounting and Trail Balance process and identifying potential errors in comparison with actual vs budget results; monitoring the effectiveness of the reporting cycle
• You would lead, develop and motivate a professional team in the Finance Department in order to provide high-quality service to both internal and external users
The Successful Applicant
• A minimum of BS Finance/Accounting; professional accounting certification (CPA, ACCA, IFRS or equivalent)
• A minimum of 10 years related experience and 5 years’ experience as Chief Accountant is required.
• A company’s controller is the chief accounting officer and heads the accounting department. The controller is responsible for the company’s financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, and various special analyses.
For more information on this exciting opportunity please email a copy of you CV in MS WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org using Financial Controller (FC) as Subject and I would get in touch with all suitable applicants for this role.